Home' North Harbour News : May 25th 2012 Contents www.northharbournews.co.nz
12 NORTH HARBOUR NEWS, MAY 25, 2012
Collecting Garden supplies for our bi-annual fertiliser drive.
Britomart - Auckland Region Lions Clubs prepare for the
Round the Bays walk.
Cheque presentation to Riding for Disabled.
Volunteers from the bi-annual fertiliser drive.
One of our Regular fund raising BBQ's.
Taking a break during our bi-annual Book Fayre.
Two Junior Lions - Tala and Hayden - at their Induction.
Local entrants in the Lions International Peace Poster
Hosting a group of visiting French Lions during the
Rugby World Cup.
Cheque presentation to Manly Fire Brigade.
Lions Club of Whangaparaoa
To register your attendance please ring me on 09 424 8039
Kindest regards, Alister McKinnon, Membership Chairman, Lions Club of Whangaparaoa
RECENTLY OUR LIONS CLUB HAS HELPED
• AGE CONCERN • ATHRITIS FOUNDATION • ASTHMA FOUNDATION • BLUE LIGHT • BRAIN INJURY TRUST
• CAMP QUALITY (CHILDREN WITH CANCER) • CHRISTCHURCH EARTHQUAKE APPEAL • DARE
• DIABETES • EYE GLASSES • FIJI BUILDING PROJECT • HEART FOUNDATION • HOSPICE
• LIONS INTERNATIONAL DISASTER FUND • LLOYD MORGAN TRUST • MANLY FIRE BRIGADE
• MAYORS READING CHALLENGE • NATIONAL FOUNDATION FOR DEAF • NEEDY FAMILIES • OREWA BIG DIG
• PEACE POSTER • PLUNKET • RIDING FOR DISABLED • RODNEY LIBRARIES • SAMOA APPEAL • SCOUTS
This special invitation comes to you from the Lions Club of Whangaparaoa. We
ask that you take a few minutes to read it and to reflect on what a Service Club,
such as Lions, means to our community and to the wellbeing of all people and
society in general.
Our community based projects and local assistance help people from all walks
of life in all manner of ways. Activities include:
• Catering at Camp Quality (children with cancer)
• Driving someone home after a hospital visit
• Providing a visually impaired person with a digital recorder so they can
listen to reading books
• Delivering fertiliser to gardeners no longer able to carry the heavy
• Raising funds for local and national causes with our bi-annual book
• Collecting old coins
• Shaking a bucket for Daffodil day and the Brain Injury Trust - and so
Our aim is to enrich the community in which we live and Lions Clubs are recognised
around the world for their humanitarian service. When the first earthquake hit
Christchurch, the local Lions Clubs were the first service organisation on the
ground distributing water. Lionism in essence is about good old community
spirit, caring for your fellow man but in the process, having fun!
The Whangaparaoa Lions Club has a proud record of extraordinary service to
the community over the past 36 years and as we move forward in 2012 we
invite you to be part of its exciting new future.
If you have some time to spare, if you would like to help your fellow man, if
you would like to join a service organisation that not only assists our local
community but also provides aid internationally, why not give the Lions a try.
We are a body of like minded caring individuals. We love to help others. We are
part of a huge family (over 1.3 million Lions worldwide) and manage to combine
caring with fun. In 2011, during the rugby world cup, Whangaparaoa and Orewa
Lions hosted 25 French rugby supporters (who were also Lions) to breakfast. It
was a great event, although drinking wine with bacon and eggs at 9am was a
bit of a challenge for us kiwis. But, in the true spirit of entente cordial, we rose
to the challenge! It was a great event and a joy to be amongst other people who
care for their local community. We learned how they too make a difference.
We cordially invite you and your partner to a 'Meet and Greet' Evening on
Tuesday 12th June 2012 at the Stanmore Bay Community Hall at 7.15pm. You
will be warmly welcomed by our current members, there will be a short power
point presentation followed by refreshments and the chance for you to chat to
members of our club.
We do hope you can join us for what will be a warm and informative evening.
Meet and Greet Evening on Tuesday 12th June 2012 at the Stanmore Bay
Community Hall, Waiora Rd, Stanmore Bay at 7.15pm.
A Special Invitation
Links Archive May 18th 2012 June 1st 2012 Navigation Previous Page Next Page